Have you been ‘flossing?’ Don’t worry if you haven’t, you will have all the moves in no time with what we have in store. The awesome instructors at Creative Dance Industries have been working hard and planning big for our Spring Holiday Programs. Prepare to be amazed!
Football Queensland have some great sessions lined up to deliver this coming holidays in the Movement Monkeys Sports Program. Don’t miss out!
Introducing our newest team member – Son Ogong, the Movement Monkeys Mascot.
He had lots of fun supporting and entertaining the kids at the Banana Republic Games during the Easter Holidays. What a legend!
He was named after the fictional character, Monkey Magic, the Monkey King, Sun Wukong, Son Gokū, the great sage equal to heaven, who has endured throughout the centuries as the legend of this divine monkey, and so the legend continues today.
The school has built a cover over the hardcourts – YAY! Well done Alexandra Hills High School. We will now be staying cool during the hot weather to come and having lots of fun on this massive outdoor space. AND plenty of space in wet weather. Kids – get ready for some super cool activities in this area!
Refer a friend and get $10 cashback per referral!
We know word of mouth is the best way to promote something we love. Here is a chance to save by getting cash back for each referral you can convert into a registration. Please refer to T’s & C’s below.
Referral Promotion T’s & C’s
1. You will receive $10.00 per referral that converts as a fully paid registration as cash back against your own most recent registration payment.
2. The referral must be a new customer to Movement Monkeys; $10.00 per referral, not per number of children that the referral registers.
3. You may make as many referrals as you like and will be refunded accordingly up until the value of your latest registration payment has been reached. After the amount of your most recent registration has been reached, there is no further refunds for additional referrals.
4. This promotion is available to anyone who has registered and paid for a program, including the new referrals who may also refer other friends and get cash back.
5. In order to claim your $10.00, the referral person must enter your name on their registration form.
6. This offer is not available to be used in conjunction with any other group deals, or special discounts, it is only applicable against fully paid registrations – including early bird tickets and normal rate tickets.
7. You will be refunded the total amount for your referrals at the close of the September registrations.
Closes 14 August at 11:55pm. Register today to save $30 per child. Don’t miss out! $129 for one, or $116.10 if you are registering more than one child under the family discount.
Kids, get ready for some fun – the June/July holiday programs are shaping up to be a blast!
Please note: this is an example of what we have scheduled and may change slightly depending on the venue and the availability of coaches on any particular day.
The Monkeys are swinging into action for the up-coming June/July programs. Some of you may not know this but Bob is quite the craftsman in the woodwork department, and he has been very busy in his workshop building props. So when the kids call him ‘Bob the Builder’, they are not far from the mark!
Why the Challenge?
The Movement Monkeys have six main criteria for identifying great learning activities to be delivered in their programs – and challenge is definitely one of them. Through challenge, we step out of our comfort zone, we learn and grow, we get new insight, we improve, and get resilient and stronger. Challenge-based Learning (CBL) extends upon experiential learning, and is the beginning of innovative thought through problem-solving, resourcefulness, plan development and revision, and pushing forward to achieve the desired outcome. The Monkeys are all about encouraging kids to take on the challenge!
What is Happening?
All the lucky kids enrolled in a program this winter at every venue will participate in a full day of survivor challenges. There are at least 10 different challenges involving physical and metal tasks, team cooperatives, and team challenges! While there is competition involved, the Movement Monkeys Survivor activities are designed to promote team cooperation, communication skills, and conflict resolution while under pressure to overcome the challenge at hand together. All the kids will receive a survival memento at the end of the day, and the overall winning team will get a prize (they are probably hoping it’s not Rebecca giving out the prize – her usual “20 push-ups” line). So, without giving too much away – get excited kids, this is going to be an awesome program this winter!