This Sun-Safety Policy has been developed in accordance with the Queensland Cancer Council’s official school guidelines.
Queensland has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world. Skin cancers account for 80 percent of all new cancers diagnosed in Australia each year. This makes skin cancer by far the most common type of cancer diagnosed in Australia each year.
Our commitment to our customers
Movement Monkeys’ Sun-Safety Policy aims to demonstrate our concern for the health of those in our care. We provide and promote a SunSmart environment by:
- creating a supportive environment for physical activity
- providing relevant education and information
We do this in the following ways:
- Ensure participants are being SunSmart at each of Movement Monkeys Sports Program sessions
- Recommend SunSmart attire at sessions and events
- Encourage adequate hydration for participants during sessions
- Enforce a no-hat, no-play rule
- Make sunscreen available to participants, and ensure it is applied periodically throughout the day
- Include sun-safety information on our website and in relevant policies
- Conduct our activities in a way that promotes and models sun safety to participants
Movement Monkeys Sports Program will monitor and review this policy by consulting available resources and information, including from the Cancer Council Queensland.